Take Me Home

Did someone mention a challenge? 
Oh right, I did.
A while ago. 

For spring break, I challenged myself to take an outfit picture every day, thus forcing myself out of my house, at least for a little bit. Though I neglected this post for some time now, better late than never, right?
The sun is out, and for once, it inspired me. This is one of my girlier outfits, featuring a floral choker in place of my usual thick leather one. This off the shoulder lace top (from Urban Outfitters I believe) is perfect for the spring, and flows nicely in the breeze. I love how the lace texture looks with my crushed velvet skirt from Forever 21. I wore some sheer tights to add another element to the look. I used to wear sheer tights all the time, and I think it's time I bring them back into my closet. 




Simple black dress, or skin tight leather booty shorts?
Which are you?
Clearly, I'm both, though I tend to lean towards the latter. 
Left: I pushed myself a little today by trying something a little more basic for my taste. I started with a simple black velvet dress from Forever 21. I like this one because though it's super simple, the velvet texture and open shoulders add nice details to the piece. I paired it with a leather jacket, but rather than my simple black moto, I grabbed my floral embroidered one (also F21). I grabbed a hat (eBay) on my way out for another splash of detail, and pulled up knee high boots with studs. For this look, it's all about the details.
Right: Okay. Now time for a more typical Michelle outfit. I'm an odd cookie in that I'm more comfortable in a risque outfit like this. These shorts are a new favorite of mine from Current Mood Clothing. They're high wasted, fit perfectly, and can clip onto leg garters (obviously my favorite part of these pants). I paired it with a crop top from Black Milk Clothing, and though you can't tell in this fabulous iPhone quality picture, the pattern on the top is a bunch of intwined snakes. I kept the shoes simple here, tossing on Chelsea ankle boots from Steve Madden. 

I honestly liked this outfit a lot more than I thought I would. I started with a black t-shirt with attached white collars. It took me a while to find a skirt I wanted to wear with it, but I finally settled on my suede zip up. The shirt was brand new, and the skirt was something I haven't touched in a while. I tied the look together by wearing my favorite TUK Creepers. I love how this shirt has the potential to have either a classy or grunge vibe depending on how you style it. 

Wearing all black in the Spring can have it's downsides...
But looking good definitely isn't one of those. 
For this outfit, I added a couple of floral elements to bring Spring into what would be one of my usual all black ensambles. Over a floral black shirt from Tobi, I have my floral embroidered leather moto from Forever 21. The leggings are one of my favorites from Black Milk (style: Spartans), because they feature amazing sheer panels on the upper thighs. For shoes, I chose my Forever 21 ankle boots.

A little before and after action. 
Depicted on the left is my outfit for my tattoo session. I chose these baggy pants from boohoo because my art was going to get a home on my thigh, so I new I needed something loose and comfortable. I actually took these pants off at the shop and changed into shorts for my appointment. I chose an American Apparel chiffon top for comfort as well, and because I felt like the long sleeves added more coverage when I was in my booty shorts getting my thigh worked up. I chose my Forever 21 boots because they make my feet look slim, and because the gold geometric heels add a nice detail to the outfit. 
Depicted on the right is the day following my tattoo session. (Don't worry, I only had my leg exposed for the 5 second duration of capturing this picture). I wore my Forever 21 maxi skirt for full coverage and protection of my art, while still offering some air and breeze for the warm day, paired with my Nympho tank from Alien Outfitters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment